Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'm really bendy

I've had this blog set up for a while but then never did anything with it. My idea for what I wanted to do with it never changed; funny random stories about me that in large part involve me falling down (I'm really good at falling down), but I did not want just narration. But how do you illustrate something when you not a particularly fantasitc artist and can't go back in the past to take pictures of yourself doing something amusing?

Then the other day I was trying to describe a yoga position to my best friend, SBK. This happens to be one of my favorite moves but we rarely do it in class so if my instructor gave it a name I do not remember. After 20 minutes of fruitless Googling SBK suggested that I draw her a picture. I suggested that my officemate take a pictue of me doing it and I'd text it to her instead...but even for us with a wet bar in the office, doing yoga poses in a suit seemed a little over the line. So I drew what I must admit is a marvellous picture and right there was how we hit on what to do with Andrea's Follies...stick figures.

Now, now don't laugh, well not until you've seen my yoga pose self portrait at least. My stick figures won't be as the drawings of one of my favorite bloggers, Allie who writes Hyperbole and a Half, but I think you'll still enjoy them. So, wanna see my yoga self portrait?

Ta Da!
Excellent, no? I look just like that. Well I do have a little more hair. In any case, I hope that you'll enjoy my stories and stick figures and that they'll keep you entertained.

By the way, if anyone knows what that pose's name actually is...please let me know. I never could figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment